Lyme Disease Resource Center, Inc. Support Meeting Agreement
The Lyme Disease Resource Center’s goal is to educate the public and serve those living with tick-borne illness, their families, and care partners. Beyond the public controversy over the very nature of tick-borne illness, medical tests and treatments are a growing number of patients, families and care partners. Financial, social, and medical questions frustrate and confuse both the medical profession and general public. To step away from the controversy, the Lyme Disease Resource Center’s vision and mission are designed to educate and guide our clients towards resources that can assist them in their search for wellness.
LYME DISEASE RESOURCE CENTER, INC support group attendees agree to the fact that participation in the group is confidential information.
- Meeting begins promptly at the time designated. Anyone arriving more than 5 minutes late will not be admitted as it is disruptive for the participants and facilitator.
- Kindly do not use or disclose this confidential information outside of the group meetings. This includes verbal or written disclosure, without prior consent of individual.
- Be respectful of the personal choices made by others in the group. We are here to educate, share strategies and resources for living well. What works for one individual may not work for you.
- Please stay on topic. Although there is political and medical controversy surrounding this disease, we are focused on personal solutions at these meetings. We will gladly guide you to advocacy groups that are relevant for political discussions but will refrain from focusing on these issues at our support groups.
- Please mute yourself when not speaking, turn off all other electronics in your room. All participants are expected to be in a private location during this group. For phone mute/un-mute is *6.
- Please keep your video camera on at all times (unless a short interruption is necessary). This is for the purpose of demonstrating active listening, similar to in-person groups. To request to speak: on video just raise your hand or ask question in “chat”. You can chat with group, or privately by choosing the correct option. Phone participants, please wait for a pause in the conversation. The facilitator will ensure you have a chance to speak.
- For best results, use Chrome browser, make sure to update Zoom before the meeting https://zoom.us/download
For questions or concerns please reach out to us at: INFO@LYMEDRC.ORG or 413-588-7388
THE FOUR AGREEMENTS:
1. Be Impeccable With Your Word Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
By: Don Miguel Ruiz